'ello 'ello

Welcome to MuMuMunchies :) This little project was created basically to be a Chocolate Music Factory, where every week we will be unwrapping what we think are the most delicious snacks you'd rather listen to. Here's what the weekly flavours are:

Marshmallow Mondays (Alternative & Indie)

Chewy Tuesdays (Dubstep & Electro)

Twirly Thursdays (Trance)

Fat Fridays (Rap & Hip Hop)

Old Gold Sundays (Classics)


We hope you enjoy the music and that they'll satisfy your Munchies :)


Thursday 12 April 2012

Twirly Thursdays #3: Cosmic Gate & Tritonal


Hey guys welcome to another Twirly Thursday! This week is a special edition for me as Cosmic Gate will be playing this weekend! You have no idea how excited I am for this gig as they are one of my favourites. One of the first trance songs I can remember was their remix of Find Yourself. Honestly, these guys are in my top 10.







This is their latest released track: here they go remixing Rank 1 & Jochen Miller, who have teamed up before. First time I heard this I knew it was gonna create some intense chanting at the gig and I'm looking forward to hearing this live. Such a tune!

 The next track I want to show you guys is a little bit older, from before they had released their new album. This is an amazing remix by Alexander Popov, the man behind last week's When The Sun. They played this track in their essential mix and am hoping to hear it play at the gig. It starts off slow, but just wait til 3:15 ;).


 Cosmic Gate are amazing, and if you haven't heard of them yet. Go and grab a copy of their new album Wake Your Mind, it is a fantastic artist album and almost every song is fantastic. If you hardly listen to trance then look no further.




Next up I have a few songs from the US duo Tritonal who will be playing at Creamfields this year. Only emerging popular from a few years ago they are now one of the more popular trance names in the scene. Even Armin van Buuren calls himself a "Tritonian". These guys are not to be missed at Creamfields, they released an artist album last year called Piercing The Quiet and the Club Mixes are slowly coming out. Their set at Den Bosch was killer and is my currently at the top of my most-played on iTunes.


 Lifted is one of my favourite tracks and Mat Zo just kills it with his remix, the gritty bass with beautiful vocals just compliments each other so well. I honestly believe Tritonal are at the future of Trance, not only do their tracks make you want to dance but also have the euphoric and uplifting melodies of classic trance. Can't go wrong with both!


Bonus Treat:
I know you all loved Slave so here i present: Slave 2.0. Ben Gold and Tritonal's new song Apex. PHAT.



 




No comments:

Post a Comment