'ello 'ello

Welcome to MuMuMunchies :) This little project was created basically to be a Chocolate Music Factory, where every week we will be unwrapping what we think are the most delicious snacks you'd rather listen to. Here's what the weekly flavours are:

Marshmallow Mondays (Alternative & Indie)

Chewy Tuesdays (Dubstep & Electro)

Twirly Thursdays (Trance)

Fat Fridays (Rap & Hip Hop)

Old Gold Sundays (Classics)


We hope you enjoy the music and that they'll satisfy your Munchies :)


Sunday 29 April 2012

Old Gold #3: Above & Beyond

Hey guys welcome to another Old Gold, sorry it's been awhile since the last one but things have been busy with work and uni and haven't had the time to work on this.


If you are in Sydney, then today is Creamfields day! Get excited cause the post is related, I will be showing you some of the first Above & Beyond songs I had listened to. A few weeks back I had posted and showed you the first trance songs I had listened to, now that was before I knew what trance was. When I had found out what trance was my first act was to look up some trance songs and a friend of mine had told me to listen to: Oceanlab. Above & Beyond paired up with the beautiful voice of Justine Suissa are solely the reason for my introduction into trance and my love for it.

The first song I had ever listened to was On A Good Day  and if you haven't heard go have a listen. It is an amazing tune that can brighten up any day, and no matter how good of a day you already are having this song takes it just that little bit further.



This is an amazing remix of Synapse Dynamics by Arty, and Mat Zo pushes it further by incorporating the vocals of Oceanlab's Satellite. Satellite is one of my favourite Oceanlab songs of all time and everytime I hear it I get taken back to fond memories of the first time I had seen Above & Beyond.


This is my FAVOURITE Above & Beyond song indefinitely. This was the first time I had ever heard Richard Bedford's vocals and still to this day believe he is the best male vocalist in trance.

I wish they still play this song in their sets, the last time I saw them at Future Music 2010 this was played towards the end of their set and with everyone in the crowd chanting the vocals the energy in the crowd was indescribable. I can only pray that they play it tomorrow :)

Bonus:

They most definitely won't play this song, but it's also one of my favourites to listen to once in awhile, the chills I get from this song are unrivalled. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment