'ello 'ello

Welcome to MuMuMunchies :) This little project was created basically to be a Chocolate Music Factory, where every week we will be unwrapping what we think are the most delicious snacks you'd rather listen to. Here's what the weekly flavours are:

Marshmallow Mondays (Alternative & Indie)

Chewy Tuesdays (Dubstep & Electro)

Twirly Thursdays (Trance)

Fat Fridays (Rap & Hip Hop)

Old Gold Sundays (Classics)


We hope you enjoy the music and that they'll satisfy your Munchies :)


Thursday 5 April 2012

Twirly Thursdays #2: Vocal Bliss

ONCE again it's another Twirly Thursday and I'm here to bring you some of my favourite treats of the week! This week I've decided to focus on the beautiful voices that help bring to life some of the best trance songs. What would trance be without some delicious uplifting vocals. Vocal trance has played a major part in making trance music what it is today, and yet more accessible to those non die-hard trance fans.

We kick off with a brand new track from Russian producer Alexander Popov titled 'When The Sun.' The track starts off with some lush intro synths and then kicks into a nice crunchy bass, then the vocalist begins. No other title could be more fitting. 

The german duo Stoneface & Terminal are known for their remixes and many of their productions have been played by the likes of Paul van Dyk, Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten and Markus Schulz. This brand new track is one of their few vocal tracks and it features the stunning Ellie Lawson.


This has got to be one of my favourite tracks of ALL of the ASOT 550. When I heard this in Gareth's LA Set I had set out on finding out the track immediately. Who else would it be other than Gareth's partner in crime Ashley Wallbridge! This one is straight off Ashley's new album The Inner Me (hence The Inner Me mix) and I just can't get over it.

And that's it for me, there are many other tracks I would love to post up but I thought a 3-course meal would be enough to keep you guys satisfied ;)


Oops!
I almost forgot about dessert:

This isn't particularly a new track but it's one of my favourites that I can't help but go back to time and again. Johan Malmgren is a new Swedish producer and if you check out his YouTube channel there are some sweet remixes on there. Really digging his style :)


Remember to tune in next week as I will be doing a special piece on Cosmic Gate in preparation for their gig at the Metro Saturday April 14th, and will also include some fresh new Tritonal tracks I've been saving up.


Peace Out!



2 comments:

  1. Mad taste loved the songs !

    -minx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it
    This week was all soft but tune in next week for some heavy hitters =)

    ReplyDelete